Binghamton Laboratory for Algorithms, Circuits, and Computer
Aided Design (BLAC CAD) Group
Additionally, a number of people provided useful suggestions. In
particular, we would like to thank Prof. Roman Bazylevych (Lviv),
Prof. Yoji Kajitani (University of Kitakyushu), Dr. Bill Swartz
(InternetCAD), the research staff at IBM TJW and Austin, and the
the research staff at Intel.
- Group director: Prof. Patrick H. Madden
- Software has been developed by
- Ameya Agnihotri, who developed the mixed block and standard cell
legalizers, and performed the fractional cut work.
- Satoshi Ono, responsible for structural placement techniques and
- Mehmet Can Yildiz, who developed the foundation of the placement
method, implemented the iterative deletion techniques, and was key to
the development of cut sequence techniques.
- Ateen Khatkhate, who did early work on mixed size placement.
- Raia T. Hadsell, author of the dispersion global router.
- Ryon Smey, author of the initial detail routing code.
- Sameer Pujari, who developed our strategy for modeling
- Patrika Agarwal, developer of code for our TILT delay analysis
- Arvind Vidyarthi, who did experiments and modeling to support our
- Dhananjay Dhole, who developed improvements to the TILT
- Portions of this software were developed in collaboration
with Chen Li (Purdue), Prof. Cheng-Kok Koh (Purdue), Pradeep
Ramachandaran (Binghamton SSIE), Prof. Purush Damodaran
(Binghamton SSIE), and Tan Yan
(University of Kitakyushu).
Graphic design assistance and photographs are provided by Laura Lee